Fall cooking is the perfect time to incorporate comfort foods like potatoes and healthy choices like asparagus into your meals. This recipe brings rich herbs and other flavors together for a wonderful side-dish, sure to please everyone around the table.
- 1.5 lbs. potatoes (we use small red potatoes)
- 12 oz. asparagus, cut into 2” pieces
- 5 tbsp. olive oil or avocado oil
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tbsp. Paleo Powder Herbed Salt-Free All Purpose Seasoning
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 2 tsp. chopped basil
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, carefully place potatoes into the water. Boil until potatoes are just fork-tender, then let potatoes cool in the water for 5-10 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and rinse them with cool water. Layout two pieces of parchment and gently smash each of the potatoes with your hand between the parchment so they lay in flat disks around ½” thick.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, garlic, Paleo Powder Herbed Salt-Free All Purpose Seasoning, parsley, basil, and lemon juice. Carefully toss the potatoes and asparagus in the oil mixture.
- Layout the vegetables on a parchment-covered sheet pan and roast for 10 minutes. Flip vegetables over and roast for another 5-10, or until golden. Garnish with parsley and/or basil and serve.
Originally posted on the Paleo Powder website.